Official Mzansi Magic Auditions 2022-2023 | Application, Dates & Form
we are pleased to keep you updated about Mzansi Magic Auditions 2022-2023 | Application, Dates & Form
About Mzansi Magic
Mzansi Magic is a South African digital satellite and general entertainment channel created by Multichoice and run by M-Net’s local interest division, and is broadcast on DStv.
The channel launched in mid-July 2010 on channel 107 as M-Net’s platform to boost local production and showcase entertainment in South Africa. Through the channels development, M-Net would engage with local producers, partnering with South African filmmakers to create gripping content with universal appeal while empowering new and upcoming talent and ensuring that key skills are transferred to the industry.
The channel launched with a six-hour programming block with a mix original local series and international movies. It was headed by film veteran Lebone Maema. The channel began broadcasting in HD on the 24th July 2015.
Mzansi Magic primarily focuses on original local productions and feature films from South Africa, with a few additions of international content.
Soapies, Dramas and Telenovelas[
The channel carries original drama series and telenovelas. Titles include The Queen, Gomora, Isibaya and The Republic. The channel also carries drama series from its sister channels and co-productions from Showmax like Jacob’s Cross, The River , Grassroots and Trackers.
Reality, Talk and Magazine
The channel has a strong focus on highly popular reality series, most notably Date My Family, Our Perfect Wedding, Mnakwethu, Idols South Africa, Living The Dream with Somizi and Being Bonang amongst others. It also includes international talk shows like The Talk and The Doctors.
The carries some content which is simulcasted with SuperSport. This includes highlights of WWE Raw and SmackDown, as well as the Nedbank Ke Yona Team Search.
The channel has music specials and interviews with local artists.
Initially, the channel carried several international movie titles and as time went on it worked with new upcoming producers and veterans in the industry. The channel has come to categories these made-for-TV movie titles as ‘Lokshin Bioskop’ and proved to be popular amongst DStv subscribers.
How to Apply for Mzansi Magic Auditions 2022-2023
To Apply kindly follow these link
Mzansi Magic Unsolicited submissions – Terms and Conditions
- I represent and confirm that I am the originator or owner of the proposal and I am entitled to submit it to M-Net for consideration.
- I acknowledge that M-Net receives many submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions, and other materials that may be similar to my proposal and it may already be considering similar or identical ideas. I further acknowledge that M-Net may be producing or may have already produced ideas similar to my proposal. I therefore understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation if M-Net subsequently commissions or produces material similar to my proposal.
- Save where M-Net has agreed otherwise in writing, any material I send to M-Net will not be treated as confidential. Accordingly, I agree that: (i) such material shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of M-Net; (ii) no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between me and M-Net in any way; (iii) I have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
- M-Net’s receipt of the ideas and materials in my unsolicited proposal is not an admission by M-Net of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not limit M-Net’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to my proposal. Further, by accepting my proposal, M-Net shall not adversely affect any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights it may already have or which it may seek to assert in the future.
- M-Net reserves the right to delete any proposal which, in its sole discretion, it considers offensive, defamatory, racially prejudicial or unlawful or which otherwise infringes any rights of third parties.
- I hereby indemnify M-Net against or absolve M-Net from any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment I suffer as a result of my submission of the proposal.
- M-Net does not accept responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any system involved in the submission of the proposal (including but not limited to telephone networks or lines, computer systems or equipment, servers, system providers, software failure or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website).
Note: If you have questions, corrections or suggestions regarding this post, kindly use the comment box below.