How to Apply for USA Student Visa From South Africa 2021-2022
We(https://zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about USA Student Visa From South Africa-How to Apply
How to get USA Student Visa from South Africa to Study In US is an important question you might want to ask especially if you are thinking of studying in the United States either as an undergraduate or for your masters. It is very important that you get the correct information so that you don’t fall on the other side.
If you want to know about US f1 visa interview questions in South Africa, USA student visa interview. Or maybe you want to know how much is USA student visa fee in South Africa or documents required for US visa interview in South Africa and other related questions to making your dream of a studying abroad a reality. You should read this article to the end.
Is USA a Good Choice?
Every year, the number of international students in the US rises as more and more students choose the Unites States as the place they wanted to broaden their experience and continue their education.
In fact, the US is now the most popular country for international students.
The Academic Excellence, Variety of Educational Opportunities, Cutting-Edge Technology, Opportunity for Research and Flexibility. Support Services for International Students, Global Education and Long-Term Career Prospects Campus Life Experience are few of the reasons why United States is the best. My answer is that studying in US is not only a good choice, but it’s the best choice.
How to Get USA Student Visa from South Africa
Studying in the US is not as hard as it seems. Here is the fact.
The United States welcomes foreign citizens who come to the United States to study. Before applying for a visa, all student visa applicants are required to be accepted and approved by their school or program. Once accepted, educational institutions will provide each applicant the necessary approval documentation to be submitted when applying for a student visa.
The F and M Visa Category
For those students who would like to study in America, there are 2 non-immigrant visas available with the US consulate.
These are basically categorized as F and M visas.
The F-1 Visa
This is the most common type of student visa. If you wish wish to engage in academic studies in the United States at an approved school, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school, or approved English language program then you will need an F-1 visa. You will also need an F-1 visa if your course of study is more than 18 hours a week.
The M-1 Visa
If you plan to engage in non-academic or vocational study or training at a U.S. institution then you will need an M-1 visa
In other words, the M-visa is available to those foreign students who wish to pursue a vocational degree by enrolling themselves in the type of courses available in the U.S University of their Choice.
USA Student Visa Requirement
Regardless of the student visa that you’re seeking for, the requirements for eligibility are still the same.
Before making an F or M visa application, a South African student must first be accepted by a SEVP approved school. You will then be enrolled on the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee. The school will provide you with Form I-20 to present at the visa interview.
Providing an answer to the question of How to get US Student Visa from South Africa to Study In US also would mean you have the following documents ready.
– International Passport: Your international passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the anticipated period of stay in the US. If you have more than one person included in your passport, then each person who will be traveling with you will need a visa hence will submit a separate application.
– DS-160 Confirmation Page: This is a document that confirms the submission of your visa application. It includes your personal details, purpose of travel and confirmation number.
– Your Photo : In the course of filling out your DS 160 form, you will be required to upload your photo. However, if the photo fails to upload, then you must bring one photo while coming for your visa interview.
– Visa Application fee payment receipt (that’s if you are required to pay before your interview)
– Once your desired school has entered your information in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS) database, they will send you a generated SEVIS Form I-20 that has been duly signed by a school official. You are to sign as well and keep the document for your interview.
Other Required Documents
– Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) for Academic and Language Students
– Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) for Vocational Students.
– Do not forget that if your spouse and minor children intend to reside with you in the United States while you study, they must be registered in the SEVIS. And each person receives a separate Form I-20.
– Your academic documents, such as: Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, other certificates from schools you attended; and, any standardized test scores if required by your U.S. school
– Proof of your intention to depart the United States after you have completed the course of study
– Bank statements, pay slips and other proofs to show how you will pay for your education, living and travel costs.
Attend your Visa Interview
When you attend your interview, a consular officer will try to make up his or her mind whether you are qualified to get the visa.
If so, the consular officer will determine if the visa category you requested for is appropriate based on your purpose of travel. If you pass the interview, you will be issued a visa, if not, you can try again at a later date.
That is How to get US Student Visa from South Africa to Study In US. If you have any question, clarification or more information, you should just ask below.