Fire Fighter Learnerships 2023-2024 | Application, Dates & requirements
We are pleased to inform you about Fire Fighter Learnerships 2023-2024
The Government of Western Cape has been undergoing a Fire Fighter Learnership program annually for the past years. We’ve received numerous requests by aspirants on various platforms yearning for legit information about how to apply for the Fire Fighter Learnership in Western Cape and Guidelines for 2022-2023. Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
Mistake To Avoid While Applying For Fire Fighter Learnership In Western Cape
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes. So take note of the following:
- Apply on time; do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you supply all the necessary requirements
- Take time to cross-check your details before submission.
- The online application is free.
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- 18 years or older
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
- Must be medically and physically fit
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Successfully complete the Firefighter 1, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Operations, and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution.
HOW TO APPLY
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
- Reach test (1.9 m)
- 2.4 km run (Males 11minutes and Females 13 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Dead load carries (2 x 25 kg drums over a distance of 100 m)
NOTE: Candidates Who Pass The Physical Test Will:
- Be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
- Be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for the purpose of checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
- Be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- Be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue. Special conditions attached to the post:
- Non-permanent contract position for the duration of training
- Candidates will only be appointed to a permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the prescribed training.
NOTE: The above requirements are subject to change. So, bookmarking this page will help you to get the latest information about the learnership program with ease.
IMPORTANT! The Fire Fighter Learnership in Western Cape 2022 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately after the form is out.
For more information, you can visit the Government of Western Cape Official Website