Encounters Internship: Festival Training and Skills Development South Africa 2023-2024 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Encounters Internship: Festival Training and Skills Development South Africa 2023-2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Encounters South African International Documentary Festival is Africa’s premier documentary festival, as well as Africa’s oldest film festivals. Encounters has documentary festivals taking place in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape and Remote, South Africa
Contract duration: 3 months
Contract dates: 1 April 2021 to 24 June 2021
Number of positions available: 6
Encounters is offering a paid internship opportunity with the support of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP.) The programme will specialise in Festival Training and Skills Development, aiding individuals looking to start a career in Film Curation and Festival Management.
The programme will take place from Thursday 1 April 2021- Thursday 24 June 2021, and requires candidates to work remotely/ part-time from the starting date. Cape Town candidates will participate in in-person select events, as well as office work. The programme will run along with Encounters ’23rd Encounters Festival’ from the 10th to the 20th of June- this will allow candidates to gain practical experience.
The Festival Director, Mandisa Zitha and other experienced staff will provide the candidate with mentorship.
The candidate will also gain knowledge and experience from the constant Masterclasses and Workshops provided. These Masterclasses and Workshops will cover topics such as Marketing PR, Event Management, Film Programming, Sales and Distribution with a focus on African cinema, audience development, digital platforms, outreach, and industry event planning.
During this programme, candidates will be required to think outside of the box as they use digital tools to orchestrate a festival. Candidates will be further encouraged to develop new ways of curation, exhibition, documentary film-making, and changing viewing trends
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Arts qualification (preferably in Film / Humanities)
- Candidates without a qualification can apply if they have relevant, professional work experience
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be highly organised
- Must be able to conduct research on the internet with ease
- Must own a computer/laptop
- Must be highly motivated
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Encounters Internship: Festival Training and Skills Development
Attach the following documents to your application:
- A 1-minute Introduction Video (10Mb max and in an mp4./ mov. Format)
- A letter of Interest (less than 250 words)
- A biography (less than 250 words)
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of the Highest Qualification you have obtained (no older than 6 months)
- A Headshot (must be in high-resolution as it will be used in publicity/ related)
- Copies and links to your Social Media Handles (it will be used in publicity/related)
Please note: If you have not heard a response by 26th March, consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Callsheet directly:
Telephone number: 021 674 0646
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.