General qualifications for appointment to Jail Officer 1
- Must be a Filipino Citizen
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning
- Must possess the second level eligibility
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged of dismissal for cause from previous employment
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age on the day of appointment.
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male, and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m) for female: provided that a waiver for height requirement shall be granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities
- Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
- Duly Accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS)
- 2 pcs. 2×2 latest ID picture
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records (TOR)
- Authenticated copy of College Diploma
- Birth Certificate issued by PSA
- Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating
- Photocopies of NBI, Police, Barangay, MTC, RTC & Prosecutor’s Office Clearances
- Valid Community Tax Certificate
- Certificate of Confirmation from NCIP
- Marriage Certificate (if married)
Jail Officer 1 will receive a basic monthly salary of P29,668 upon oathtaking. A gross monthly salary of P37,488 will be received including the monthly salary and allowances.
Entry Level Examination
Coverage of Entry Level Examination (EnLEx)
- General Information – 20%
- Mathematics – 20%
- Basic English and Grammar – 30%
- Sentence Arrangement and Paragraph Completion – 20%
- Essay – 10%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants must submit their application folder to the nearest BJMP Office for processing. Please contact BJMP at (02) 8927-5877, 8927-5505, 8927-5147 or visit BJMP website: www.bjmp.gov.ph for more information.